Thursday, October 27, 2011

So far, so good

Elijah seems to be coming through his cold battle just fine.  He is still stuffy and coughing a lot, says his throat hurts, but he is being a good boy and taking his meds without a fight.  A few months ago, we would have to hold his arms and another would hold him completely while I used the syringe to push the med in the back of his mouth. He hated it and often spit it out.  But after a long talk about colds and germ bugs and why we  have to take meds, he does it. Sometimes there is hesitatance, give me a min, I'll do it after this show is over, etc,  but he does.

Me, well, I still don't feel  like getting out of bed. Though I force myself to.  Got to do a little something to get my strenght back. My food tracker at http://www.sparkpeople.com/ shows that over the last week, my calorie intake has been less than 850 calories (and 1 day that was with a slice of Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake - 500 cal a slice).  Today was  528, Sunday was 276!  I am consistantly under my 1200 to 1550 cal a day goal, way under my carb goal (150-194), I average between 50 and 120 a day.  Yet I have lost no weight, actually gained 2 lbs.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I will wake up a little better from the flu. One more day to spend with Elijah. 

And on to the  good news in the next blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment