Saturday, November 12, 2011

Wisdom Teeth

This was originally written Tuesday night (Nov 8) but I fell asleep before posting.  And I haven't been back on the computer much till now.
 

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Wow! What a turn of events. Called dentist this morning, told me to be there at 2 for the consult. He told me we could do surgery Thursday (day I am at Mayo). Asked if Wed was possible. He is out of town all day.

Checked his schedule, he had 2 patients after me. Asked me what I had eaten and when. It had been 4 hours(reccomend 6 hours), but he said it wouldn't be a problem. He saw the broken tooth and then the other bottom wisdom tooth was begining to crack and it had decay (due to crohn's, meds, and growing in sideways) and recommended it go too. And he said that he would go ahead and take the top out too for no extra charge.

So at 4pm I had 3 wisdom teeth extracted. I was finally awake around 6pm, ate KFC mashed potatoes then went to the grocery store and got yogurt and some pudding. My tongue feels swollen and my lips/jaw are numb as can be. Tingling now actually.

The Mayo Clinic may see if they can move all my appts till Mon 21/Tues 22 and give me my shot on the 21 so they can observe me for a couple days and we can still make it home for Thanksgiving. If they do this and all is well, I can do the lab work here at my dr's office and have it faxed to them - esp since I don't have any crohn's ulcers on my skin.

And you know what - I still wound up having my tooth extracted on Election Day. Totally crazy.

Thanks for the prayers all
~Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment