Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Another Diagnosis

Over the past week or so, I have noticed that I have been having irregular heartbeats.  It wasn't bothersome to begin with, but as the days went on they were getting more frequent and causing me to be dizzy/light headed for just a few seconds.

I went to the dr last Thurs for an ECG and everything looked normal.  But they are still happening.  She said that it seemed to be PVC (Premature Ventricular Contraction).  Here is a good article on premature ventricular contractions. 

It seems that it has to do with medications more so than anything.  On one day, I dropped from 20mg prednisone to 15mg and then also stopped Fentanyl and Dilaudid.  This was quite a shock to my body.  I have been having these PVC's since. 

I had a chem comp and a CBC done and it showed that all electrolytes were in normal range (as they were thinking that a chemical imbalance - esp of Potassium or Magnesium - was the cause). 

When I go to Mayo next week, I am going to talk the the drs there about setting up something to see if this is more related to what I am taking now or if something else is going on. 

Tonight my blood pressure is 170/130. Just took my resuce bp med (Clonidine). Don't know what causes these spikes, but they happen every few months for a few days, then everything normals out again. While this is going on tonight, I am having the irregular beats (skip a beat then double beat). Then coughing fit for a few min. Very uncomfortable to say the least.

Please be praying that this is nothing serious - just what the dr said, a reaction to coming off these meds and my body trying to adjust. 

Thanks and God bless
~Joy and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment