Monday, January 9, 2012

Been a Few Weeks

Sorry for the delay in posting recently.  We have had a hectic start to the new year. 

The fundraiser that was held at the bank is now over.  I want to thank each one of you that donated.  It does mean a lot to us that total strangers would step up and help, though I have a few awesome friends who stepped up and did more than their share.  You know who you are.  And I don't know how to thank you.  These gifts have made it possible for almost all my medical bills to be paid off and even a couple credit cards (we have been living on the credit cards to buy groceries and medicines because pretty much everytng else has been going for health insurance and household bills).  I have negotiated with a couple of the cards for a lower payoff and they have agreed.

I have to tell part of the story, though leaving names out.  A few weeks before Christmas a friend posted on Facebook that they were struggling and weren't sure how they were going to provide Christmas for their 3 children.  I told the mother that I would do something, even if there were gifts from the Dollar Tree.  The next morning, I had a phone call from another friend who wanted to meet.  He said he wanted to help with some of my medical expenses.  I was blown away.  We met the next day and he handed me a check.  After I saw the amount, I wish I had looked while he was still there.  I think I would have hugged him and given him a kiss on the cheek - and broke down and cried in front of him. 

God used this young man to answer one of the greatest needs in my life and in turn allowed me to give a better Christmas to these 3 precious children and there is still money left that I am going to help a friend with finalizing the adoption of their daughter. 

Yes, there are still needs in our lives.  We still have huge debt, the house is still damaged, but I know that my God will supply every need in His time, in His way, and it will exceed every thing I imagine it would be. 

Thank you all for listening and being open to be a blessing to someone in need. 

God bless
~Joy and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment