Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Dear Friend

A dear friend passed away today. He was 98 and a half years old. I have known Mr Perry for close to 17 years. Over the past few months he really began to weaken, but he would still be out side every day and sometimes even walk half a block.

Since this summer, he really began to take up time with Elijah. He doesn't understand yet what death is. But he did suprise me this morning. I told him that Mr Perry died and he asked why. I told him that he was very old. Elijah said, well he was old and his body just gave out. I told him that we wouldn't be able to see Mr Perry again and talk to him anymore. He started to tear up (like I was). Elijah said, it's gonna be okay momma. He is just gone to sleep in Heaven for a while, then he'll come back later. For a 3 year old, I couldn't argue with him there. I was really suprised at his answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment