Saturday, November 26, 2011

Home From Mayo

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

We got home Wed night around 10pm. We didn't celebrate Thanksgiving this year with a meal.  Might have "thanksgiving" meal next week sometime.

I have been in pain since Sunday in my lower stomach/pelvic region.  I have been checked for a UTI and it came back negative. The CT scan on my  intestine show no active crohn's in that region either.  The only think I can think of is a kidney stone or an ovary issue. I am trying to wait it out till Monday to see a gnyo (I don't have one).

While at Mayo, I was given 2 more diagnoses.  I now have glaucoma and a cataract in my right eye.  These are both caused by years of prednisone.  I have to go back in 1 month to have my eyes checked again after using special eye drops.  They are scheduling this during my next Stelera shot.

Everything went  well with the Stelar shot on  Monday.  It only took a few minutes and they watched me for 20 min.   I was asleep before that 20 min was over.  I have been exhausted since.

We'll let you know what  happens the next few days with the pain.  I am hoping I can make it without going to the ER this weekend. 

Thanks for listening and praying.

God bless
~Joy and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment