Saturday, November 19, 2011

On the Way to Mayo

Hi all, it has been a while since I posted.  We have had a lot going on here this past week.  We have had several dr appointments, my son has had a bad sinus attack and my dad has had an eye infection from getting sheet rock in his eye.

We had a thunderstorm the other night and our electric went out for a few minutes, but it seems to always take our internet connection down.   Just got it back up now.  During the storm, our roof began to leak again.  Every time we have a strong storm, the roof leaks into the house.Hoping that we don't have any strong storms while we are at Mayo this week.  Gonna set a bucket under the area where we usually have the leak just in case.

I am in the middle of trying to finish painting the bathroom (have all painted except for 1 area around a shelf). Got to take it down so I can get between the shelves.  Then lastly, going to at least tile around the shower today.  I would love to finish up the paint in the can by painting the hallway today (it would be easy as there is nothing to do but remove photos).  But we still have to pack tonight so we can be ready to leave out right after church in the morning. If we don't get packed, I won't be able to make it to church.

My Mayo trip is 4 days - leaving Sunday and not getting back till late Wed.  It is full of appts but thankfully there will be down time each  day were we can meet with our family there and maybe get to see a few things (that are free to do).  There is this wonderful flower shop on Beach Blvd that has the best Christmas atmosphere.  I went there back on my first trip to Mayo in 98.  It was like the North Pole itself.  I know Elijah will have the most fun there.  Going to bring our cameras and let him even take his own photos there.  Still going to try to go to the CSX Train headquarters.

We are hoping that we can make it tomorrow out early enough to take a bit of a different route so we can see dad's brother.  It is only 30 miles out of the way, but would be worth it to see family again (seen him for the first time in May).

I do want to post a few more blogs today about each medication, illness, and write up a few things on side effects.  This is very important to me to get this down.

Gonna sign off on this one for now.  Watching Misty Island (Thomas and Friends) with Elijah and I still need to eat for today (had a couple Combo's cheese snacks for breakfast).

No comments:

Post a Comment